Carsington Water . Ashbourne . Derbyshire
The Club needs its members to help to keep the Club running smoothly.
This is also one of the means by which the Club is able to keep membership fees down.
To enable this to happen the Club operates a Duty Rota system for some of the regular key tasks.
A Duty is defined as half a day's work and each time a duty is carried out a voucher is issued to the member with a value of £15.
Members on duty for a whole day will be issued with two vouchers with a total value of £30.
These Vouchers are then refundable against the following year's membership subscription.
Members assist the Club by carrying out the following Duties:
- Race Officer - Manage racing on the day.
- Race Officer Assistant -Helps race officers run the racing.
- Duty Officers - Welcome people to the Club, answer the telephone and carry out a variety of vital administrative roles.
- Safety Boat Driver - Patrols the water and ensure that sailors are safe.
- Safety Boat Crew - Assists Safety Boat Drivers.
Training courses are run on various dates throughout the year for certain of these roles, whilst on the spot training is provided for others.
If you would like to attend one of these please keep your eye on the Web Club Diary or on the Club Noticeboards.
Full details of the scheme can be seen via the Documents section on the web.
Should you need additional information please contact the Club office.