Crew available

Moderator: Dan - 2000

Crew available

Postby David Stothert » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi. Sailed for years but never raced. Want to gain experience by crewing. I'm not as young as I like to be but keen and still athletic. Love heavy weather sailing and challenging boats. If you want competent crew who learn fast let give it a try. Looking forward to hearing from anyone. Dave Stothert.
David Stothert

Re: Crew available

Postby GerryFisher » Tue May 02, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi Dave,

I sail a Laser Vago XD and an RS Aero. In principle I would welcome you as a crew. The Vago has a choice of 2 Asymmetric kites and a choice of two mainsails. The trapeze is great in heavy weather.

The reason for the "in principle" is that I had a bad hip which has been recently replaced. The new hip is going well and I have sailed a few times in the last month in light conditions. So maybe in a few months....

I have another suggestion. Carsington Sailing Club is keen to promote racing and the Sailing Committee have organised Novice Racing sessions on the first Sunday of the month. The first is next Sunday starting at 12:00. More details can be found at http://www.carsingtonsailingclub.co.uk/news/novice-racing-starting-in-may. The session is being run by Keith and Phil.

I hope to get along later and look forward to meeting you,

Gerry

PS None of us is as young as we used to be!
GerryFisher

Re: Crew available

Postby David Stothert » Thu May 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi Gerry. Thanks for the post. I think I have spoken with you in the past and seen you in your vago. I look forward to meeting up for a chat re solution to racing. I'll probably be up this weekend so if you let me know if you'll be there I'll arrange to be up at the same time.

Also thanks for the link as well. I think I'll try to get to the club for the first session.

My email is David.stothert@gmx.com if anyone wants to mail me direct.

Thanks Dave
David Stothert

Return to Helm/Crew/Buddy Wanted/Available