Suggestion - Powerboat duties

Suggestion - Powerboat duties

Postby paullove » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:39 pm

I enjoy both sailing and doing safety boat duties, but why does the club force me to choose between the two when I visit?
I suggest that Powerboat duties should be done in half day sessions, rather than in full days.
That way we could do both a duty and enjoy sailing in a single trip to Carsington.
I am sure this would provide for a greater take up of duties amongst members.

The current voucher scheme offers 2 vouchers per full day
- why not offer 1 voucher for a half day, and change Dutyman to provide for half day bookings?

Does anyone else have any views?
paullove

Re: Suggestion - Powerboat duties

Postby rich1964 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi Paul,

I agree with you. I'd also like to be able to do both things on the same day as I have a one hour drive each way and it would make the journey more worthwhile. I've only been a member for a year so don't know if this subject has ever come up before but you'd think it would have done. I wonder if it's ever been debated by the committee.

Regards,

Richard.
rich1964

Re: Suggestion - Powerboat duties

Postby F18infusion » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:07 pm

You used to be able to do half day sessions when we had a manual (book in the office) based system and as far as I am aware the duty voucher scheme caters for this. In fact, I remember doing such duties myself, safety in the morning and racing in the afternoon (or vice versa). I believe the limitation here is how Duty Man is set up or works. Can I suggest that this is raised with the club management for discussion at the monthly meeting. Of course, you could alway talk this over with like minded individuals and share a duty on a particular day in the interim.
F18infusion

Return to General