Carsington Water . Ashbourne . Derbyshire
None required - session is for beginners and experts
Do you really know your racing rules?
- If no, then this will be a perfect introduction or refreshing session for you.
- If yes, then you’ll be surprised by how little you actually know!
William Jeffcoate and Nadina Lincoln, the RYA Regional Rules Advisors, will be giving a fun, lively and interactive session, on Wednesday evening, to:
- help demystify some of the basic rules
- inspire new sailors to be more confident
- know how to avoid breaking the rules
- know how to take an advantage of the rules to win
- know whether you should be protesting
- know what options are available to settle rules dispute
- answer any daft questions that been niggling you for a while
The Racing Rules aren’t that complicated – it’s almost like driving when you know who has the right of way and who should be giving way. They are there to help to make our self-policing sport safer, fairer and fun for everybody.
The Racing Rules, like in all other sports, do change from time to time so these two sessions will help to keep us all up to date.
It will also be a perfect brain-stretching exercise in preparation for the upcoming Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday racings so don’t miss out!
To book a place on a course please contact Marie Thornton on 01629 540609, email her or visit the Club in person (Wednesday to Sunday).
Training Course Dates
Please contact the club for dates and availability.