April Sailing Committee News
Published 17:48 on 30 Apr 2019
We are approaching the end of the Dinghy Spring Series which ends on Sunday 5th May, with many final positions still to be decided in the last races.
The Summer 1 Series start on Sunday 12th May.
There are also several open meetings being held over the next few weeks and we will be welcoming many visitors to the club. Look out for the following :-
- Solo Open Meeting - May 11th & 12th.
- Lowrider Moth Open Meeting - May 18th & 19th. These are non-foiling Moths and will feature many classic designs from the early 60s right up to the pre-foiling designs. This event is being held on Saturday and Sunday; on the Sunday the Moth racing will be incorporated into the fleet start sequence for club racing. Club racing will not be affected but look out for instructions from the race officer regarding start sequence etc.
- Hansa Open Meeting - Wednesday May 22nd
- Supernova & Comet Open Meeting - Sunday 2nd June.
Then the Big One :-
- Topper Nationwide Event - June 8th & 9th. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE NO CLUB RACING ON THIS WEEKEND (ie. for dinghies nor cruisers). We are expecting 100+ Toppers.
The Sailing Committee extend a big thank you to all those involved in organising these events and the many volunteers helping out, whether on on race committees, safety boats, mark laying, on shore duties etc.