Sailing Committee - Return to Racing
Published 13:27 on 15 Mar 2021
In line with the plan to reopen the club at the end of March the club racing programme will recommence on 31st March.
Here's a reminder of the series formats and start times :-
Wednesday 31st March and 7th April
- Afternoon series, mixed handicap fleet with 2 races - first start at 1500, second start not before 1600. This is a change from last year when we only had one afternoon race.
- Evening series. 3 fleets - fast, medium and SJ. Starting at 1830.
From 14th April the start times move back 30 minutes as follows :-
- Afternoon series - first start at 1530, second start not before 1630.
- Evening series - Starts at 1900.
Saturday 3rd April - Cruiser Spring Series with starts at 1100, 1315 and B2B.
Sunday 4th April - Dinghy Spring Series. 3 fleets - Medium, Asymmetric and SJ.
- Morning - 2 races starting at 1030 and not before 1115.
- Afternoon - 2 races starting at 1330 and B2B.
- Asymmetric fleet to sail windward / leeward course.
Volunteers are required for safety cover and RO etc. - Duty Roster is available for members to enter their names.
Volunteers have been working hard over lock down to get the club ready for reopening - the Committee boats are ready, the site has had a clean up. Watch out for new covers on the racing marks, coming soon.
Hope to see you back on the water soon and remember - please observe club Covid procedures when sailing, doing a duty and around the dinghy park / clubhouse.